Friday 20 November 2015
10 Benefits by Maintaining Weekly Sex
At some point in life, many couples wonder and ask themselves, “What is the average amount of sex that other couples are having?” And though the answer is not perfectly clear, sex therapists have said many things about this very topic. Here is what they say, as well as some additional tips to help you get your sex life on track!
Couples who constantly "Netflix and chill " aren't necessarily happier. In fact, having sex once a week is just about perfect. That's the takeaway from a new study, based on surveys of more than 30,000 Americans gathered over 40 years, published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.
Sex is important for so many reasons, both physical and emotional. You may have heard that sex releases oxytocin, the "cuddle hormone," which makes you feel lovey-dovey and improves your bond with your partner—but there are many other health benefits you may not be aware of. Here are 9 reasons you should be having more sex.
1. You get sick less often. Having sex once or twice a week raises your levels of immunoglobulins, an antibody that helps your body fight off infection from bacteria and viruses. Regular sex can improve your immune system by 30 percent.
2. It's more exciting than a treadmill. Sex burns 3 – 4 calories a minute, compared with about 1.5 if you're just sitting there, and orgasms produce the amphetamine-like chemical phenylethylamine, a natural appetite suppressant.
3. You'll have improved self-esteem. Sex releases endorphins, which produce an overall feel-good sensation—that's part of what makes you feel calm and secure after sex. Feeling good in the bedroom can translate to other areas of your life.
4. It's better than Aspirin. In addition to endorphins, sex releases corticosteroids, both of which are natural pain-relievers that can soothe headaches, period cramps and back pain. Of course, your partner will be sure to remind you of this reason the next time you try to use a headache as an excuse NOT to have sex.
5. It helps you sleep better. The oxytocin that is released during orgasm also promotes sleep—which may explain why your guy goes from 60 to zero in about five seconds after a romp.
6. It relieves stress and reduces depression. You may not feel like getting down and dirty after a difficult day at work, but sex can actually help reduce stress. Studies have shown that after having sex with a partner, men had lower levels of stress hormone cortisol, lower blood pressure and reported being in a better mood.
7. It improves your sense of smell. After you orgasm, your body produces prolactin, a hormone that makes you feel sexually satisfied. But prolactin also activates the olfactory bulb, the part of the brain that controls your sense of smell—the association between being sexually satisfied and breathing in the scent of your partner may increase your partner bond.
8. It makes you look younger and fit. Sex raises your estrogen levels, which makes your hair shiny and your skin glow. In fact, regular sex may actually slow aging, according to researcher David Weeks, author of Secrets Of The Super young.
9. Increase relationship. Not only on couple relationship. Those who maintaining weekly sex life are more friendly and easy going with colleagues and friends.
10. More confidence. A healthy couple with happier sex life are normally more success in their career and family.